Wednesday 2 February 2011

The baby card/box I have made for my sister's partner's grandaughter Erica





My sister Louise and her partner Richard are now proud Grandparents of Erica and had asked me to make her a keepsake.
I wanted to do something a bit special so I came up with a card and a matching exploding box and here it is.

I also used the same Pink Gem digi papers and decoupage for the matching exploding box as my card. First of all I cut the three layers and then using a corner rounder punch round off the corners. I have decorated all the layers with paper and flower ribbon and peel offs. I have also made the little pink paper shoe in the middle with gingham paper and printed her birth details on the bottom of the box. In one of the photos it looks like the layers are a bit wonky it is just where I took the photo as I have not stuck the layers down yet as I would like my sister to be happy with it first.
I have added some baby decoupage on the top and some pink dotty ribbon around the edge of the lid and then added some scroll waste from a Cuttlebug elaborate corner in each corner and added the name Erica with letters cut from my Quickcutz alphabet.

I will post the photos and details of the matching card in a moment as blogger won't allow me to add all the photos on this one post.

I am entering this box into the following challenge
Pink Gem Ribbons and lace
Paperplay Layer it up
Pile it on Punches

Thanks for looking x

5 comments:

  1. Adorable - I bet she'll love it.
    Thanks for showing us at Paperplay this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card!
    Thanks for PIO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous exploding box...such a lovely keepsake...thanks for joining us this week at A Gem Of A Challenge...

    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you shared this clever creation with us at "A Gem Of A challenge"....hope you'll join us again xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x