Friday 14 August 2009

My second post of the day

On 7th August I was very lucky to have received an award from my lovely blogging friend Sem http://semsee.blogspot.com/2009/08/kreativ-blogger-award-from-juls.html Thank you sooooo much Sem!
I have only just got around to posting it now as to accept the award I had to think of 7 interesting things about me that was really really hard lol, hence its taken me a week!!!

So to offically accept the award I have to do the following .

1.Thank the person who nominated you for this award
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for this award
4. Name seven things about yourself that people might find interesting
5. Nominate seven Kreative Bloggers
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate
7. Leave comments on all seven blogs letting them know you nominated them

Okay, so 7 interesting things about me that you might find interesting....hmmm...

1. I had two breech babies, (unusual I am told), all three were malpositioned

2. I organised 2 petitions both of 4,000 signatures against an Orange mobile phone mast being erected so close to our residential area - they never went ahead with it

3. I went to Meerufenfushi in the Maldives for my honeymoon - only 3 months before the tsunami so I am glad we saw it before the devastation -I would love to go back one day

4. Hank Marvin (From The Shadows) sent me a letter to congratulate me on my second wedding all the way from Australia

5. I invited the Queen to my birthday party (when I was much much younger of course - how embarrassing is that) and I received a reply from Balmoral (I still have it somewhere!!!)

6. I have met the following well known people Sir John Mills, Cyril Smith, Ian Ogilvy,
Bruce Welch, Gloria Hunniford, John Redwood, Frederick Forsyth, Michael Dobbs,
Gary Rhodes, Lloyd Grossman, Anthony Worrall Thompson,. Brian Turner,
Mary Berry, Paul and Jeanne Rankin, the chefs have also signed all my recipe books with personal messages in them for me too :-) can't think of any more at the moment

7. I have eaten dinner in The Churchill Room in the Houses of Parliament on 4 occasions. Margaret Thatcher was the guest of honour at one of the dinners and I had a conversation with her (My hubby put the world to rights with her for ages !!!)

I would love to give this award to Sem as well but not sure if you can give it back to whoever gave it to you so the 7 lovely blogging friends I would like to pass this award onto in no particular order are

Thank you again Sem, means a lot, thanks for looking and have a great weekend everyone x


4 comments:

  1. What very interesting info about you Julie and thank you SO much for thinking of me!
    I shall now have to get my thinking cap on to think of 7 interesting things about me! I don't know if I'm all that interesting!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, I've enjoyed reading this post and finding out more about you. Very interesting!
    Thank you so much for thinking of me!
    Hugs, Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Julie for thinking off me for this award. I am chuffed to bit. I will have to put my thinking cap on to think of 7 interesting things about me, but you should be writing a book......with all those famous names what a great life you must have...Thanks again Julie, much appreciated. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this award Julie, it is very much appreciated :) thats a big list of celebs you've met lol! Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x