Sunday 17 July 2011

My entry for Karens Doodles DT call

I heard that Karens Doodles challenge blog were looking for design team members and as I absolutely adore Karens Doodles images, I thought I would give it a try, I would be extremely honoured if I were chosen as one of the new Design Team.

Anyway you have to make a card specifically for the DT call, so I am not entering this card into any challenges. It does not really show it in the photo but the second and third pictures are above the ground and are pulled out from the main card. For anybody who has not seen this type of card before they are called telescope cards. The card has a hand made stand affixed to the back so the card can be displayed upright with all sections pulled out.

I have used three of Karen's wonderful fishing themed images, the one on the main card is called Fisher dad, the second image is called Big Catch and the third image is called Who Caught Who, all three are available Here

So as mentioned before, I started off by making the basic telescope card. To decorate it I printed off 2 backing papers from a Nitwits Digi download and cut to size to fit the 3 different sections. I coloured all three images with Copics and edged the images with silver peel offs then matted onto turquoise paper before sticking to the backing papers.

The little round turquoise and silver circles are called card candy and are available from Craftwork Cards. I have added three silver fish charms dangling on fireline from the 3 turquoise circles at the bottom of the main image and one to the top right hand corner of the main image, and another on the top right hand side of the third image. I added Glossy Accents to the fish on all three images so they look wet.

I am not sure whether I have a chance as there has already been some fantastic entries for this DT call but I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that a bit of luck might come my way, its just a case of waiting to hear now.

Thanks for looking x

4 comments:

  1. I saw your card over on Karen Doodle site...this card is so cool and you did a fantastic job!
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is brilliant Julie, what a fab card and love all the images.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Julie this is fab. Love what you did with Karen's images.
    Thanks for trying out for our DT and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, this is wonderful!! Great card and thanks os much for entering our DT call over at Karen's Doodles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x