Sunday, 6 November 2011
My DT project for OSAAT challenge 87
Here is my project for our challenge over at One Stitch at a time this week. Our theme is Use a Digi so why not hop over and join in our challenge HERE
The digital image I have used is called Happy new year by Stitchy and is available HERE. I have coloured this image with Copics and then cut out the image with my labels 10 nesties.
I have made this wine bottle cover using a piece of card 27cms by 27.5cms. I started trying to explain in writing how I did this but felt it might make more sense with this visual template, please note this is not to scale but just to give you an idea of how I made it. It is a jpeg but if you would prefer a PDF please email me and I will email it to you as I cannot add the PDF file to blogger.
First of all I put the shorter side of the card across the top of my score board and then scored a line 3.5cm in from both edges of the card, then turned the card so the longer edge is now along the top and I scored lines at 4.2cm intervals which will give you 6 score lines and leave a small piece of card left over. You need to snip off the shaded area above and below that small piece that is left as that will be your tab to glue the hexagon shape together.
I then measured the middle point of each 3.5 x 4.2cm box (2.1cm) and cut away the shaded areas, leaving 6 triangles above and below the main 6 panels.
I printed two backing papers from The Wine Buffs craft cd and cut 3 pieces of 19.5 x 4 from each sheet of paper before putting some gold peel offs round the edges and then added alternately to each of the 6 panels of the cover.I then stuck double sided tape on the tab and stuck the bottle cover into the hexagon shape.
I got a bottle of wine and put it through the hexagon panels so the bottom triangles were underneath the bottle. I then just used a pencil to draw around the bottom to make a base for the bottle cover. I added 0.5cm to each line to make the hexagon base. I turned the bottle in the carrier upside down, put wet glue on the bottom of the triangles and stuck to the base with the wine bottle still in the cover so it would glue the triangles in the right place and hold them down until the glue set.
I then added some green and red paper to the triangles at the top of the cover and then set an eyelet in each triangle, got some ribbon and threaded through the eyelets and added a corkscrew silver charm before tying into a bow.
I hope that makes sense to everyone who would like to try this, if not please contact me and I will try to help.
I am entering this project into the following challenges
2 Sisters Ribbon
Allsorts Anything but square
Catch the bug Anything goes
Crazy 4 challenges Wrap it up
Dis digi designs Ribbons and bows
Our creative corner Masculine project
Crafty Catz Anything goes
Inspire me fridays Anything goes
Poodle parlour Lets hear it for the boys
4 crafty chicks Die cuts
Art impressions Fun and funky folds
Moving along with the times Food and drink
Papercrafting Journey Use a digi
Cooking it up with Katie Anything but a card
Freshly brewed Anything goes
Little darlings Not square
The paper variety Humourous
Bearly mine Anything but a card
Crafty Sentiments More than one fold
Papertake weekly Anything goes
Ribbon carousel Anything goes
Pollycraft Anything goes
Stamps r us Masculine
Thanks for looking x