Monday 15 August 2011

A T-Rex Easel Card


Here is a birthday card I have made for my friend Rachel who wanted a card made for her son Henry who will be 5 on 20th August, Happy Birthday Henry.

He is T-Rex mad at the moment so I had fun trying to find something to use but found this great image on google which I printed onto glossy paper and then matted onto gold paper and stuck to easel card. I cut out the letters spelling Henry with my Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet set and stuck below the picture and added two glossy card candy (which give the brad look without having to hide the legs) using 3d foam pads.

I made the backing paper I used on the base of the card using Docrafts Digital designer adding thin gold paper inbetween the pictures, cut number 5 in green using same alphabet as before and matted onto gold circle cut with my nesties and then matted onto a green scalloped circle using nesties.

I used a label nestie set and cut in gold and silver and stuck to underside of front of card for Rachel to add her message when she receives it. I hope she is pleased with it.

I am entering this card into the following challenges

Crafts and me Add a number
Pixie Studio Boys will be boys
Paperplay Make your own DP
Craft us crazy anything goes
If the shoe fits Green
Frosted Designs Animals
Send a smile Anything goes for kids
Sparkles One for the boys
Crazy Challenge Jurassic Park

Thanks for looking x

11 comments:

  1. Very cute card for a boy! Henry will love it! Thanks for joining us at Send a Smile 4 Kids and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such for perfect card for a 5 year old boy. Great job.

    Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! scary monster card, love it & so will Henry!

    Thank you for sharing with us at SFC, good luck!
    hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for our Movies challenge. One of my favourite films. I bet Henry will love it!

    Thank you for join us at The Crazy Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, your T-Rex images look fabulous on this great Birthday card. Lovin' that number too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Make It Count challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card for dino-loving boy (and so many of them do love dinos!) - he will absolutely love this, Julie.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is fab, thanks so much for sharing with us at paper play, he will love it, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fantastic card for a little fella Julie, its a brilliant idea...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie
    What an awesome card! Just LOVE it!!! Just gorgeous.Thank you for playing along in the challenge this week @ Paperplay Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very terrific card! Great work! Thanks for sharing.
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh fab card, perfect for a lad.

    Thanks for joining us at SFC, L x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x