Monday 21 October 2013

My DT card for Sketch and Stash's new challenge

 

Here is my DT card for our new challenge over at Sketch and Stash

 
using our fabulous sketch below
 

We also have an optional theme of

Stitching - Real or faux

and

Pink Gem Designs


are sponsoring us 

Head on over to the challenge blog HERE to enter your cards and to see what my team mates have also made to inspire you

Here are the details of my card

This card measures 8 x 8 inches

The gorgeous image I have used is called Baby Stork and is available from Pink Gem Designs HERE

I have paper pierced around the first white layer and then mat and layered with pink card and a pink backing paper, then cut the image using a Go Kreate circle die and mat and layered onto a deep pink die cut circle and then onto a scalloped edged pink die cut circle, adding a white pearl in each scallop

I ribbon weaved some pink and white satin ribbon and then added a pink and white double bow with a large white pearl in the centre, to the top of the weaving, and a white pearl in each corner of the card

Thanks for looking 
x

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Loving the pearl touches and the weaved ribbon.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are adorable Julie I love what you have created with the cute images and how you have weaved the ribbons it looks so effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two adorable cards Julie - the ribbon detail is stunning.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous cards Julie. The image is so cute. Love the ribbon
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ribbon weaving is gorgeous!!! How did you do it?
    mariharpham@hotmail.com

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. both cards are stunning darl but I do love how you've done the ribbon... it looks soooo pretty & complicated LOL :)

    love n hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Julie, your cards are stunning! Love every element on both of them.

    When I was at Ally Pally a couple of years ago, I did a 'make & take' using that woven ribbon technique, put it away when I came home and forgot all about it...you have jogged my memory, and inspired me to use what I made.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x