Thursday 28 October 2010

Card from Riley the dog for Zara




My stepmum also wanted me to make a card from their dog Riley for Zara as they have a great bond with each other so here is what I came up with.

The give a dog a bone backing paper is from a Nitwits collection called Farley Friends
The kennel and dog are also from the same collection. I added the name Riley with gold peel off letters on the kennel sign to personalise it a bit.

I then resized the photo of them both together and also the kennel image and cut out with my circle and scalloped circle nesties. I then added gold peel off spots to the scallops to give a collar type effect.

I die cut two elegant corners using a Cuttlebug Elegant corner die. Die cut the number 1 from the Olivia Cuttlebug alphabet. I have used 3d foam pads to stick the image and the photo onto the card and then used a shaper tool to give the dog some dimension and stuck to the card with pinflair glue gel.

I added gold fine line peel offs around the edge of the backing paper and added a message and two paw prints on the base of the card using 3d foam pads.

I hope Brenda is happy with it and that Zara likes it too. Happy 1st Birthday Zara

I am entering this card into the following challenges
Moving along with the times A card for a child
Trimmies Craft Monotone
Delightful sketches Circle challenge

Thanks for looking x

14 comments:

  1. How utterly adorable! A sweet card and a lovely photo! Riley looks so cuddly!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah What a sweet Wee Card from the Dog, great idea. Thanks for joining in with us again on MAWTT Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous I'm sure its gonna be loved!
    Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week! Good Luck! Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a fab little card - love that image
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun easel card. I love how you included the photo in one of your circles. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. super card, love the image, great to have you join our challenge at C.R.A.F.T. this week x carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us on this week's challenge at Delightful Challenges,
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling card! I love Riley. Your layout is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie, This is such a lovely card from Riley, I love it. Reading your description of how you made it, it sounds like a lot of work - thanks, I do appreciate your hard work.

    I'm sure Zara will love it.

    lots of love
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great monotone, or we should of course have said monochrome, card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie this is really sweet! Thanks for joining in with our monotone challenge over at CRAFT this week! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this card is too cute! Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card Julie, such a cute photo. Thankyou for sharing it with us for the 'card for a child' challenge at MAWTT.
    Luv Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww! The bond they have is so sweet! Love the card! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x