Saturday 2 October 2010

A new fold for me


This is a new fold for me, its a type of double easel card as the front bit is also upright.

I had not seen this done before. I got the tutorial on the Joanna Sheen Newsletter but here is a direct link Tutorial here This wonderful fold has been been designed by the wonderfully talented Sheila Weaver. I altered the sizes a little bit but like how easy it all goes together and yet folds flat for postage. A great idea Sheila, thanks for the inspiration.
I have used my Bigsby wreath digi image from Karens Doodles which I have coloured in with Promarkers. I have also used the grid technique on the green card underneath the image to give a little dimension. I have used my new beaded circle nestie die to cut the red card behind the image. I then added silver glitter peel offs and 7 glittered snowflakes cut using my Martha Stewart Snowflake punch on the card and finished off with silver Happy Christmas peel offs.

The challenge over at Karens Doodles challenge blog was to add 7 somethings to your card. I wasn't sure if they would count the 7 baubles on the wreath as its part of the image so I have added the 7 glitter card snowflakes to be on the safe side.

I am entering this card into the following challenges
The crafty pad Christmas sparkle
Karens Doodles Seven of something
Pollycraft No designer paper
Incy Wincy Anything goes
Creative Inspirations Christmas in September
Charisma Cardz Christmas Crafting
Treehouse Grid technique
Just inspirational Christmas cards
Polka Doodles Fancy folding
Stamp Something Something to celebrate
Sew Many Anything goes
Secret Crafter Easel Cards
ABC Easel Cards
digi Doodles 3D

Thanks for looking x

26 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    Beautiful design and colours its a brilliant twist on the easel, and I love the little mouse asleep on the wreath, thanks for joining us at SC: 103 Easel card challenge, Good luck, Hugs Bridget ;) x. SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card Julie! Thanks for joining us at the Treehouse Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an elegant card! The fold is so clever, and your colours are gorgeous!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Julie, Love that double easel fold. Hum. May have to try that one. Thanks for playing along with us in this weeks Treehouse Thursday "GRID" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great design for a card! I love it!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie

    beautiful card and great detail, thanks for joining us at karens doodles.

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have found my next project - thank you for the awesome inspiration :)

    Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs

    Would love it if you could come and visit my blog Vanilla Hevn sometime :)

    Heather and the DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely. Thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card! I'll have to bookmark that tutorial, thanks! Of course, the 7 baubles is acceptable - I mean, they better be, because that's what I used, too! hehehe!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Karens Doodles this week! Hope to see you again soon!
    Dee (Spryte)
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is interesting and very clever . great card !!
    Lis-m xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time I have seen a double easel card and I like it, great Christmas card,and the layout of your card, thank you for joining us at DDSB
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. REally lovely Julie, I've never seen this style before either, thanks for the link. This image is sooo cute! thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely! I like the criss cross embossing and I'm always on the look out for tutorials for new card folds. Thanks for the link! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Just Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK - next type of card - this card. Really interesting design. And the "sleeping beauty" is such a cutie :-)

    Thanks for the tutorial and for playing with us at DDSB.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uh I must check my newsletter out. I didn't have time to read it yet. I love the card the image is super cute. Thanks playing along with Just Inspirational this week.
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie, your card is beautiful.
    Sheila Weaver.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Holiday card Julies... this image is just adorable and I love all your snowflakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice, thanks for playing along with us at DDSB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    Greetings,
    Katja

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab card - love the fold at the front...great idea!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card. Love the easel and great job with the grid! Thanks so much for playing along this week with Treehouse Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute image!! Thanks for playing along with SS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card Julie I love the different fold. Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for sharing it with us for the Polka Doodles Fancy Folding challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x