Saturday 16 April 2011

A card at last


Last weekend I went to Ally Pally and had some great fun buying some lovely craft bits hoping I can get some of my creativity back after my recent dose of crafters block.

I was lucky enough to meet Jacqui Dennis at the Lili of the Valley stand and she had made an amazing card using Lili of the Valley's amazing stamps, I have quite few of these by the way. I contacted her afterwards to ask if she had made the card blank herself or is she had bought it already made, she was kind enough to come back with a link to where she had bought them from but they seemed very expensive to me so I thought I would try and make a card blank myself using card and a x-cut border scallop punch, I know it hasn't got the scallops up the sides like Jacqui's does but I don't think it looks too bad. If you have not seen Jacqui's blog yet Check it out here and Here is the card she had made

Using Jacqui's card as inspiration I did my own version. The stamp is called Together Forever and has been coloured in with Promarkers, the flowers have been punched out with X-cut daisy punches which I have added 3mm gems into the centre of. The pink ribbon with white dots is from Stamposaurus but I think it is made by Woodware. The swirly bits are cut with Marianne Design dies and the butterfly is from an X-cut punch.

I am really looking forward to the Lili of the Valley colouring masterclass on 22nd May where Jacqui and Bev will be sharing their fantastic colouring tips using Copics and Promarkers, I really need help on shading using these pens.

Thanks again Jacqui for letting me use your fantastic card design as inspiration x

I am entering this card into the following challenges
Papertake Weekly
The crafty pad Spring is in the air
Flutterby Wednesdays Soft pastel colours
Paper Sundaes Childhood memories
Quirky Crafts Spring, sparkly and punchy
By the cute and girly Cute and girly
Passion for Promarkers Make your own embellishments
Creative Card Crew Spring
Crafts and me Ribbon
DYSU Scallops

Thanks for looking x

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Julie and I too am an avid fan of Jacqui and Bev, both very talented and nice ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, this is a fab card. I love the folds, great image and lovely colours (pink is my fave). You may want to have a visit to my blog as there are some freebie sentiments that you may be interested in today. More to come next week too which you may like *wink wink*!!!. Hope you like them. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is just SOOOO cute! I love that image, and the pink gingham is adorable. I am so glad you managed to join us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and adorable! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a totally sweet card love the fold thanks for sharing at CCC hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Your handmade flowers are beautiful and the shape of your card is stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! I love the delicate swirls and flowers, they are so pretty! And I second your thoughts on Bev and Jacqui, they are just so inspirational!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card.Your image is so cute, and I love the soft colours.
    Thanks for joining us at PfP.
    Hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute and pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Quirky Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous step card. Thank you for joining in the Papertake Weekly Challenge this time.
    Cathy (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Spring card with wonderful details! Love your easel step card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew! I have blog candy that ends on the 18th if you are interested!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - I love it! Fabulous colors, love the image! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its fabulous dear I hope you do not mind I have put the card on the LOTV Inspirations Blog, thanks for your kind words dear
    Hugs
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Julie! I saw your post on the LOTV Blog and had to pop over to see ya :D

    I ADORE this card... very very pretty!!!

    Love n hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Julie, I think you did a great job creating that style card. Doesn't look very easy to me. Its Beautiful. Thank you for joining our Scallop challenge at DYSU. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh this is sooo cute :D
    Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me. Good luck and I hope you can join us again this week.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card. Really pretty :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw, this is just toooo cute, love the image and the colours you've chosen! Thank you so much for joining Quirky Craft's Challenge this time round, the voting should start late tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday so be sure to pop back and vote for your favourites, and get your blogging buddies to vote for you! Although, saying all that, inlinkz started the voting early and now has corrected that mistake, but doesn't show when the voting starts, but with any luck that will be corrected as soon as possible!!((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an adorable card. I am becoming a follower
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x