Monday 25 April 2011

A card for my Dad's 70th Birthday





I have been busy over the last week making my Dad's 70th birthday card, he will be 70 on 28th April, Happy Birthday Dad

I decided I wanted to add a few photos to the card, one of him as a little boy, one in his teenage/twenties and one as he is now so I ended up with a very long shaped card.

I made 5 circle swing cards and joined them together, then added two patterns of paper both from Pink Petticoat downloads, 1 spots and the other stripes to the base of each card, I then cut 5 circles using my nesties and big shot and stuck these to swing circle part.

Netty has kindly made lots of free circle sentiments and I have used her 70th Birthday one on the front circle and cut the word Dad with my Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet dies and stuck these on with double sided tape.

On the second page I have added a photo of my Dad as a little boy and added a car and a lorry metal charm to each circle and stuck these on with foam pads, I have added the words Oh what a cutie onto some white card and cut out one of the fancy tags from a Spellbinders set.

On the next page is a picture of my Dad in his navy days which I have shaped into a circle, again using my nesties. I have added a ships wheel and an anchor onto two blue circles to this page and again added some words and stuck onto a different fancy tag spellbinder diecut.

The next page is a photo of my Dad out in France where he lives now. I have also added 3 metal charms to this page, a trowel, watering can and a tree as he now has a garden with loads of fruit trees and also grows veg in the garden and again added some words to a fancy tag.

The next page is just to give a little bit of fun, its a digital stamp called Albert from Just Inklined which I have coloured in with Promarkers, adding some more words to another fancy tag.

The last page just has our birthday message on it, printed onto white card then cut using labels 17 Spellbinders die which I then matted onto a blue die cut from the same die set.

I sent it just before the Bank Holidays so I hope it gets to him in time.

I am entering this card into the following challenges
A spoonful of sugar Lets celebrate
Papertake Weekly Spots n stripes
I love Promarkers Anything goes
Meljens Masculine
Raise the bar Nautical
Crafty Ann's Fancy Folds
Simply Create Time to rock the metal
The crafty pad Circles
Bunny Zoes One for the boys
There's magic in the air Multifold card

Thanks for looking x

24 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! I absolutely LOVE this, such a wonderful idea and you've done such a brilliant job, I just KNOW he's going to be bowled over by this! A great take on our CIRCLES challenge, I am so glad you decided to join us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week.....wishing you the best of luck! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your Dad will love this Julie, it's more like a mini album than a card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. I love how he's getting older in each page. Thanks so much for letting me know you'd used my sentiment (and to such a great cause). I love the card, and I'm sure your dad will appreciate the time and love you've put into it. Wonderful creation Julie and thanks for the link back. Annette xx (ps - I couldn't resist becoming your 100th follower !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation, your Dad is sure to love it. Happy Birthday to him. Thank you for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie. This is just fabulous. Great concept and I am sure he is going to love it. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special tribute and gift for your dad! Love this project! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever! How original and what a great idea - your dad will be so thrilled with the love and care thats gone into this.

    It looks brilliant.

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is wonderful Julie and love all the different pics of your Dad.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Julie love the idea with all the pictures of your Dad i bet he loved it thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project!

    Thank you for joining our Masculine Challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab project, wow,something to treasure, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, ha. This is wicked. I love it. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week and for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and oh so clever! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool....I love it....and such a clever idea....awesome job....thank you for playing with us at PCC/TMITA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is like a mini scrapbook! How thoughtful, I bet he will just adore it!! Thanks for playing along with us at There's Magic in the Air.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning creation!

    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad! :)

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went over to DoCrafts and looked at ALL 32 pages of your projects. You are one talented lady!!! I used 2 of your 'folded techniques' for some upcoming challenges at Simply Create. Thank you for all your inpiration. I'll be back to visit you again.

    Diane
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/
    Simply Create Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, great design and beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW WOW WOW im taken away! That is stunning! Thanks for playing along at TMIA this week! Good Luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! What an awesome card! I love itThanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week.:)
    audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a cool card for your dad, thanks for playing with us at Paper CupCakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. AWESOME!!! bet he loved it :)

    so glad you joined us on Simply Create for our "METAL" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just FABULOUS!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for our Metal challenge. Hope to see more of your creative work for our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi, I have launched some blog candy in aid of charity, would appreciate any shout outs, please
    http://worldofsarpreet.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-blog-candy-in-aid-of-cancer-research.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x