Sunday 17 April 2011

An easter card


Here is a card I made using the lovely Warren images from Craftwork cards. I cut A4 card down to 28 x 21 and then measured 6.5 cm in from top left hand side on 21 cm edge and 6.5cm from right hand bottom edge and cut between the two marks, then scored each piece at 7cm, 14cm and 21cm so there are four sections all measuring 7cm.
I then decorated the pieces with some 6 x 6 craft papers and interlocked the 2 pieces as shown in the 2nd photo.
I then cut 2 circles to create semi circles and decorated these with Craftwork cards candy along the front.
The sentiment is a stamp from Lili of the valley which I then cut with my nesties and layered onto orange card and stuck on the right hand side of the card and then stuck the image on the right hand side.

The card folds flat for posting but has dimension when pulled out.

I am entering this card into the following challenges
Die cut dreams Easter
Pollycraft Easter
Ooh La La Happy Easter
Pink Elephant Easter
A spoonful of sugar All creatures great and small
Papertake weekly Truly Dimensional
My time to craft spots & dots, I think the candy on the semi circles should count as they look like spots or dots
Creative Inspirations Easter
Fab n funky Spotty and dotty, I think the candy on the semi circles should count as they look like spots or dots
Pennys challenges Easter
Creative Belli Eggs or bunnies
Trimmies/Craft Easter
Crafty Catz Furry Friends
Dutch Dare Fancy Folds
Scrappy Frogs Easter

Thanks for looking x

11 comments:

  1. Julie this is STUNNING! WOW - what a beautiful basket card - I have never seen a technique like this before! Thank you so much for the directions and for joining in on our Easter challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I've not seen this style before and it's awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - great layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work...thanks for playing at FnF xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is amazing, I love those folds. ps- there are some more freebies on my blog today that you may like (*wink wink*). By the way, of course I didn't think you were being 'demanding' I wanted people to suggest what they would find useful, and that's what you did. There's no point me sharing things that people won't use. Hope you like today's offering! Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous Easter Card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow fantastic card, great shape to it...thanks for sharing your creation with us at CRAFTYCATZ, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW I love your design, never seen that before, gorgeous and very inspiring--I'm going to try it, thanks so much for joining in our Easter Challenge at Die Cut Dreams and Creative Inspirations
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome. I have not seen this design before. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the measurements. Hugs XX
    I am a new follower #99...only one more to 100!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card for Easter, Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  11. First time on your blog. Dropped in from Dutch Dare challenge. Stunning creation. I have never tried such a card.Very inspiring.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x