Sunday 4 October 2009

My first xmas card !!!

I hope everyone had a great world cardmaking day yesterday, I didn't get a chance to make any cards as we went out and in the evening I was catching up on all the blogs that I follow as I haven't logged on that much recently.

Well here is my first card for christmas, I thought I had better make a start as some people have been posting xmas cards a lot recently. I am one of those strange people who does not like christmas so I find it difficult to get the inspiration to get into the christmas card making mood. but I have now made a start and will get around to doing them all before xmas.

I saw a lovely sketch on Everybody Art Challenge http://everybody-art-challenge.blogspot.com/ a few weeks ago and decided to have a go at following that sketch and here is what I came up with.

The image is a Lili of the valley rubber stamp, I had to buy all four of their xmas bear stamps at Ally Pally last weekend as they are all so cute it is difficult to decide on one or two, I coloured the image in with Promarkers, The mirri paper is by Anitas and is £3.99 for a pack of 20, 10 silver and 10 gold which I bought from The Range. The flowers have been made with 2 sizes of daisy x-cut punches with a peel off in the centre and the leaves are cut using my Leone Em punch.

The sentiment is a stamp by Cuddly Buddly that I bought last year. The backing papers are from a 6 x 6 pack of trimcraft papers that I also bought last year.

Thanks for looking. I hope everyone is having a great weekend x

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Julie. I love the cute little teddy and the papers and layout are fab.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and wonderful sweet bear.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x