Sunday 18 October 2009

Nicks Birthday Card

I needed to make a birthday card for my Brother-in-law Nick this weekend and I have been dying to have a go at the easel cards I have seen so many people have made recently and I came up with this by following Crafters Companions challenge http://itsacrafterscompanion.blogspot.com/ sketch (I hope this card will count as the standing up bit was done following the sketch which I thought was a great layout) I turned it upside down so I could put the fish on the left hand side .

Popcorn the bear and the fish are from the Fishing popcorn set which I coloured in with Promarkers. The backing paper is a download I purchased from Scrapbooking Mad. The ribbon is from my craft stash. I have cut out a scalloped square with my nesties to put Popcorn onto. I have added diamond glaze to the little fish so that they look wet. I have added some black thread to the back of the rod and stuck a fish on the other end of the thread. I have embossed the bear and fish from the back so they look a bit more rounded and 3d. I have used a button with a bow using the same ribbon as on the right hand side to keep the card standing up and cut out letters to spell out Nicks name with my Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet.

I am also entering this card into Creative Card Crews challenge http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.com/ where the theme was to use scallops on your card somewhere which I have done on the square.

Thanks for looking x

6 comments:

  1. lovely

    thanks for joining us on IaCC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Julie Thanks for joining us
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely is this, love the colours you have used too x
    Thank you for joining in with us at IACC

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really sweet card Julie, such pretty papers and the little fish you have added are just perfect :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Julie, love the image, and love how you have used the little fish in the Sketch. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thanks for joining in with the challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x