Thursday 18 June 2009

A lucky week for me plus one card for 6 challenges this week

I have had a lot of luck this week, I won the our creative corner challenge and two lots of blog candy, 1 from Donna http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/2009/06/100th-visitor-candy.html, thank you Donna, (I received it today) and the other from Ruth http://tiptoptoppers.blogspot.com/2009/05/more-blog-candy.html, thank you Ruth, can't wait for it to arrive. I am really chuffed as I hadn't won any befor.

I am also lucky with the way the challenges have worked out this week as I am very short of time at the moment but have managed to make the above card which I can include in 6 challenges. I don't think I have ever combined any challenges before this week but have been able to this week.

I am entering this card into the following challenges
Challenge 1 - Friday Sketchers challenge http://fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com/ which was to follow a nice sketch.
Challenge 2 - Just Magnolia http://justmagnolia.blogspot.com/ where the theme was Paper Piecing which I had never done before
Challenge 3 - ABC http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/ where the theme was Summer
Challenge 4 - Scrappy frogs http://scrappyfrogschallenge.blogspot.com/ where the theme was something summery
Challenge 5 - Creative Inspirations http://cinspirations.blogspot.com/ where the theme was paper piecing
Challenge 6 - Roses on Paper http://ropchallenge.blogspot.com/ where the theme was to combine your card with another challenge and to use flowers
The card has been made using the Friday Sketchers sketch which can be found here http://fridaysketchersblog.blogspot.com/

The backing paper is by Craft Creations Ltd and is called Pink Meadow Stripes, the image is a new Magnolia stamp I bought which I received in the post yesterday, I think its really cute, its called Tilda in the Sea.
I hadn't ever paper pieced before so this is my first attempt. I have paper pieced her dress and hat using Papermania paper and coloured the rest of the image in with my Promarkers which I have then cut out with an oval nestie and a scalloped nestie to back it onto.
I have run the backing card pieces (on the left) through a swiss dots cuttlebug folder and the darker pink through the embossing folder with the birds on it (I can't remember the name of it at the moment- sorry). The flowers I have made from 2 sizes of X-cut Daisy punch and a small sun punch and finished off with a peel off in the centre. I have used gold stripe peel offs around the edges of the backing paper as well and the cream ribbon was from hobbycraft.
I thought this was a nice summery card and I enjoyed the paper piecing and will definitely haver another go at it, a very simple technique which adds a new dimension. Thanks for looking x

Amended to add I am also going to enter this card for the Guest DT call for Belles n Whistles Blog http://ropchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/06/guest-dt-call.html

18 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, wonderful card, and WOW 6 challenges in 1 that is amazing. You are a lucky girl winning 2 candy's hope you enjoy your prizes and we get to see some creations..Hugs Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite some week! Well done you!
    Great card too!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge congrats on your wins Julie - you certainly deserve it, hun! Fabby card! Love that Tilda! Can't believe you've managed to combine so many challenges - well dome you!! And lots of luck with the ROP DT call! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Julie.. you really seem to have had a bvlast with all the challenges :) Thanks for ojining us at ROP with this lovely card! so cute.. and summery!! And yes.. paper piecing looks fab on cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hu Julie, love this card the colours are perfect, to say you have not paper peiced before you have done a fab job...

    And you are welcome anytime, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a gorgeous card sweetie, fabulous paper piecing.. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in at Friday Sketchers this week. Hugs Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and lovely Tilda image! thanks for joining us at ROP.

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow this is such a cute card, i adore the papers you have used and the super cute tilda image is coloured wonderfully :), thankyou so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog :)


    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful summery card! I love how you've paper pieced her. katxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great paper piecing. Love the card and the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I meant to leave the link for the bos that I found. This is a good tutorial for making the gift bag x http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/2_5_7_10_box/

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card i adore paper piercing don't you z thank you for joining us on abc this week x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a lot of challenges. You did a fabulous job on them all!! Good luck, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done on so many challenges!!! Fabulous card and beautiful papers,your paper piecing is brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. I love Tilda. The paper piecing on her dress is adorable! Thank you for playing with us a Scrappy Frog and we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie, glad you got your candy ok.

    Great card,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x