Saturday 13 June 2009

Stamptacular challenge - One for the boys

Ok so I had a bit of spare time this afternoon and I have made another card for another challlenge. This week at Stamptacular Sunday challenge blog http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com the theme is "One for the boys". As Fathers Day is coming up I have made this card for Tony, my Father in Law. I have chosen three of his favourite past times for the card, drinking beer, playing golf and sitting down and relaxing.
The card is called a TriShutter card. The instructions can be found on a previous Trishutter card post on my blog, but if you can't find it give me a shout and I can email it to you. It looks complicated but is very easy to do so if you haven't tried one before give it a go.
The backing papers are from Dovecrafts Masculine 6 x 6 paper pack. The images are digi stamps that I came across last night available from Digistamp boutique http://www.digistampboutique.co.uk/catalog/ they are called Jim playing golf, Jim with beer and Jim relaxing and they cost 99p each or £1.99 for three. I bought both collections on offer as I am going to make my dad one of these too but with different images. I have coloured the Digistamps in with my Promarkers. I have printed the letters onto card and cut out with a punch I have then stuck on with 3d foam. The buttons are from the 99p shop which I have tied a little piece of ribbon through. I hope he likes it. Thanks for looking x

11 comments:

  1. Julie this is a stunning card, and it does look very very complicated. I would like to have a go, so I will look and see if your instructions are on your blog, if not I will be back with my e-mail address. Hugs Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, this is stunning, fantastic detail in the folds, brilliant card. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog Julie and leaving the instructions for the tri-fold card it is much appreciated. Hugs Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, this card is brilliant and it must have taken some time to put it together, love the images of Jim, he is one cute little dude lol! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER...FANTASTIC...WONDERFUL!

    That's all I have to say about this card!!!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! Great images too! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Julie. This fold is so impressive. I love the "Jim" images.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love the fold and all the detail. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie...

    Thanks so much for pointing out my error in the Winner's Post of last week's Stamptacular Challenge! I was in a hurry late last night (4:45 AM) and just cut and pasted from a previous post and forgot all about editing some of the information. Thought I had it all edited correctly but...obviously not!

    I always announce the winner of the weekly challenges the morning the new weekly challenge is posted! For example, last week's challenge winner was announced this morning along with the new challenge that was posted. There is no time lapse...once the challenge is over, the winner is announced! I purposely stay awake until after midnight each Saturday just to make sure I have all the participants names entered into the drawing and that everyone has a fair chance at winning!

    Anyways, sorry about the confusion and thanks again for letting me know! I have changed it and it should be a lot less confusing now!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julie,

    I love this card. It looks really complicated. I'll have to go and have a look at the link.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is fab Julie, great images and I love the card design. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x