Monday 22 June 2009

Malcolms Birthday Card

I hope everyone has had a good weekend, especially as the weather has been so lovely. My hubby bought me a new laptop which arrived on Friday so we have spent most of the weekend transferring all my files and programs over which has taken ages.
I made this card today for our neighbour Malcolm whose Birthday is today. I am entering it infto three challenges this week.
As I have followed this weeks sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches blog http://icsketches.blogspot.com/ which I rotated by 90 degrees so my image would fit on it ok. The image is a digi download called Jim from Digistamp boutique I am entering their challenge.
I am also entering it into Passion for Promarkers challenge http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/ as I have used my promarkers to colour the image in, with this weeks stated colours which were Berry Red and Royal Blue. The last challenge I am entering this card into is Cute Card Thursday challenge http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/ which was to add a tag somewhere onto your card or project. I have added a tag punched out using my Whale of a Punch deckled tag punch. I have put the backing card through a swiss dots fand distressed stripes Cuttlebug folders to add some texture. I have done the sentiment on my laptop and cut out with my circle nesties. Thanks for looking x

20 comments:

  1. great card julie, he's a fab image for a male card and you've coloured him beautifully
    thanks for your entry this week , good luck
    hugs
    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card Julie, coloured beautifully - Jim is great fun isn't he?
    thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love the colours.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Julie, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. I love the digi-image (one of my faves too) and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card and a perfect image for the guys. thanks for playing along at ICS

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card, I love this image :)
    Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at PFP :)
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! I love the cute image.
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great guy card. Love the colours. Thanks for playing along at ICS this week :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card I love the image its great, thanks for playing along.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet Malcolm loved his card! Thanks for playing at ICS this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a` cute`card..love the stamp...
    `Thanks` for joining in with I-C=S this week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is just so cute! i love the image and the color choices. Enjoy your new laptop and thanks for joining us this week at ICS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a fun card and love the image!!!! great job. and fun colors too.. GREAT job with the IC Sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card. Love the image and the great colouring. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card - I used this image for my Father's Day cards - it's fab.


    Thanks for joining us this week at Passion For Promarkers.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card! Love the wonderful colors and the image is so CUTE! Thanks for using ICS #21!
    ♥Dawn♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love that fun image Julie - cool use of ICS #21 and wonderful combo of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fun card! Great image and I love the colours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x