Sunday 28 June 2009

Ouch Dragon Get Well Card

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, I went out all day to an all day crafting event run my Sonia who teaches jewellery making and cardmaking in Ferndown. We had 4 different tutors showing us how to make 4 different cards, a great day was had by all.

Here is my latest card which I am going to enter into 5 different challenges, I am getting used to combining them now as I have had less time recently to make some cards, in fact I can be quite a challenge to combine them all too.
I have made this card from a lovely sketch over at Stamps and smiles http://sasthefreshbatch.blogspot.com/ I rotated the sketch by 90 degrees. The image is from Dustin Pike http://www.dustinpike.blogspot.com/ he is called Boo Boo Dragon, I think he is soooo cute and he only costs $2.50 as a download image.
I have coloured him in with Meadow Green and Lemon Promarkers which were the required colours to use for Passion for Promarkers challenge this week http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/, I coloured his plasters with pastel beige, I think this is allowed as main image is in the required colours, they wouldn't have looked right in meadow green or lemon. I have cut the image out with an oval nesite and backed this onto a scalloped oval nestie. I have run some scrap pieces of green and lemon coloured card through my cuttlebug swiss dots and distressed embossing folders and printed the sentiment and cut out with circle and scalloped circle nesties, (It was a requirement to use scrap pieces and a digi image) to enter Digital Tuesdays http://digitaltuesdaychallenge.blogspot.com/ challenge. I am also entering the card into Papertake weekly's challenge http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/ which this weeks required element was to use a digi stamp and also into Charisma Cardz http://www.charismacardz.blogspot.com/ The theme this week being any theme, any style. I am now going to enjoy the rest of the weekend with this beautiful weather we are having. Thanks for looking x

19 comments:

  1. Goodness - that's an achievement - 5 challenges in one card. Love that cute image and your textures. Thanks for joining us at PFP.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. Love the image and the papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the image you have used :)
    Thank you for joining in at PFP this week :)
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, what an adorable card. I love the digi image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is this? Love your card! Thanks for playing along with the Digital Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card, love the image......I must get him, thanks for playing along at PFP.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Julie, LOVE the fun image and adorable design!

    Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles!

    Hugs & Smiles,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. a great image and lovely colouring too, thanks for entering this weeks challenge at PfP and good luck
    hugs
    helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Julie! Such a sweet image, and I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie, I love this card - the image is great. Well done on fitting it in 5 challenges. I have an award on my blog for you if you would like to get it.
    Have a great day.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOh! You've done me favour by using this image... I've got some Dustin Pike images and forgot all about them! Cheers!
    Well I just love your card. It's cute and it's coloured beautifully.
    Thanks for joining in with us at SAS and hope to see you again on Thursday.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. he is just gorgeous! I think he will help to cheer up anyone who is feeling a little under the weather! love the colours you have used. Fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cute, I love it, thanks for joining us at DTC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, the soft colours are gorgeous & such a fab image thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely get well soon card, the dp image is so cute :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :)

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, love the dino.
    Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is adorable! Love the stamp!!

    Thanks for playing with us at Stamps & Smiles this week!

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is just too adorable. It certainly made me smile. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x