Friday 26 June 2009

Yippee I won some more blog candy and a card I have made for Connor

Yippee I was lucky enough to win some more blog candy during the Simon says stamp blog hop http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/ which was really fantastic, some great projects and cards. I won the candy on Iris's blog http://iriswelt.blogspot.com/, thank you Iris. I won a set of Turtle stamps which are really cute, I was really pleased as I couldn't resist ordering the frog set which I can't wait to receive, and I think the two will go well together.

Onto the card above. I have made this card for Connor as it will be his 13th birthday soon. I have followed this weeks Mojo Monday sketch, the image is a Penny Black stamp called 2453K Cool Friends which I have coloured in with my Promarkers. I have embossed the top section of card with the swiss dots Cuttlebug folder and the bottom card with the bubbles Cuttlebug folder. I have cut out the image with my nesties and added number 13 and some silver peel off stars on the square. The other stars on the card are cut from an Impress Die. My local The Range Store in Bournemouth are selling all their Impress items at just £1.99 each even including the dies that were previously £12.99 so a real bargain. The bow is made from blue, white and red tartan ribbon from Hobbycraft.

I am entering the folllowing challenges with this card
1/ Penny Black http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/ where the theme was embossing as I have used a Penny Black stamp and dry embossed the card.
2/ One stop craft http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.com/ where the theme was Numbers
as I have a number on the card
3/ Stamptacular Sunday http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/ where the theme was red, white and blue and a star too, as I have used the correct colours and there are 7 stars on my card
4/ Mojo Monday http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/ as I have followed their sketch for this week.
Thanks for looking x

9 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,

    What a terrific card! I love how fun it is and the design is fantastic!

    Congrats on your blog candy winnings! I wish I could get so lucky...

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamptacular!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,

    Fantastic card :O) Love the image super cute and gorgeous layout

    Thanks for joining us at SSC

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love the layout and your embossing. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card julie...love the red and blue together...super cute images and great embossing......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs Kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card the image is great i love it well done
    thank you fo taking part at ssc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, love your card! That image is so cute! Thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card! Love the colours, and the embossing and stars are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome boy's card ;0)

    Thanks for joining us!

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Julie, love all the layers, shapes and texture.

    Thanks for joining us this week over on SSC.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time
to leave me a comment. It is much
appreciated Love Julie x